Adult Chess Club
October 12 @ 7:30 pm - November 2 @ 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Monday, repeating until September 28, 2020
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Monday, repeating until November 30, 2020
Ages 21 and older are invited to attend the Adult Collective Chess Club. Think of it as a class a little competitive spirit! Chess boards, notebooks and pencils will be provided to all participants. Club is limited to 20 people. First-come, first-served. Participants can enjoy two alcoholic beverages, plus complimentary snacks are offered throughout the event. The event is limited to 20 people on a first-come, first-served basis.
Chess Club Meetings Format:
- The club begins by a short introduction of the participants and a mating pattern presented by the instructor
- Each meeting will have a lesson from basic chess concepts to chess openings for more advanced players
- Players are matched against each other based on their skill-level to play a game. The teacher will give advice and help during the game. Then the games are analyzed
- Introduction of an immortal game between two grand-masters and explanation
- Homework for next class and closing statement
COVID-19 Guidelines: Doors and windows will be open to have additional air flow in the space. All players and teachers are required to wear a mask and follow all COVID-19 guidelines.